(Follow me on facebook or via email by clicking “follow me” on the right side bar)
Nothing makes me happier than having the food I prepare enjoyed! My husband gets all giddy in anticipation when these little beauties are put in the oven. Yum yum. I make these all the time and are perfect for lunch, preschool snacks, or a play date get together. They have even appeared at a Christmas appetizer night… and it was the first plate empty.
These Pizza Bites are as easy to make as a muffin, just mix and bake. They get eaten fast, so I make one batch for snacks and one batch for the freezer. This is also a great recipe base that can be changed many different ways; I’ve made them with ham, bacon or a cup of broccoli instead of pepperoni. All good. Serve them with pizza sauce for dipping. No need for take out!
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour (I’ll admit… it is better with white flour, but then I feel guilty)
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 1Tbs. Italian seasoning
- 1tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- I cup cheese (I just use what we have)
- ¼ parmesan cheese (I didn’t use any this time and it was still delicious)
- 1 cup diced pepperoni or any meat of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Fork stir dry ingredients together
- Add wet ingredients, cheese and meat. Mix well with wooden spoon.
- Butter or spray a 24 mini muffin pan
- Add 1 tbs. of batter to each muffin cup
- Bake at 375F for 18-20 minutes or until golden
- Serve with pizza or spaghetti sauce for dipping. (I just use cold dipping sauce)
I changed the original recipe slightly, from www.lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com